Hasbro has announced a new product line at the New York Toy Fair 2013 based on an upcoming B-DAMAN television show. The products from the line, developed in conjunction with Japanese firm TakaraTomy, allow for marble battles with the use of arenas and figures of characters from the TV show. The B-DAMAN figures (such as the one pictured below) can also interface with a mobile application allowing for virtual marble battles to take place online with opponents from around the globe. Items in the B-DAMAN line will include:
- B-DAMAN Figure with Accessory ($12.99) – Includes a B-DAMAN figure, two marbles, one tool, two targets and a unique accessory.
- B-DAMAN Two Packs ($14.99) – Includes two B-DAMAN figures, four marbles, and two targets.
- B-DAMAN Ultimate Packs ($19.99) – Includes a B-DAMAN figure, three accessory pieces, two marbles, and a target.
- B-DAMAN SURGE STRIKE Arena ($14.99) – Includes completely enclosed arena walls, six marbles and one target play set.
- B-DAMAN VERTIGO SPIN Arena ($14.99) – Includes completely enclosed arena walls, six marbles and one target play set.
- B-DAMAN BREAK BOMBER BATTLEFIELD Arena ($29.99) – Includes one deluxe target play set with 25 blocks, completely enclosed arena walls, two B-DAMAN figures, two B-DAMAN Wide Magazine Accessory pieces and 16 marbles (pictured at top).
B-DAMAN was originally launched in Japan by TOMY in 1993. Since then more than 100 million units of the product line have been sold worldwide. The new animated B-DAMAN show will start airing this September while the product line is set to launch in August.